The company takes pride in its historical heritage and current achievements. Here are some curious facts about it:
- AusPost has been around for 200 years: it was launched in Colonial Australia.
- 73 AusPost parcel post buildings are considered to be heritage properties that can be found in the Commonwealth Heritage List. The company invests in the maintenance of these buildings, even though some part of them is out of function.
- In 2017, the company sent 3.3 bln parcels to 11.9 mln destinations across Australia and around 190 countries.
- While AusPost is a public enterprise that gets $0 tax funding, it pays billions of dollars in dividends to the Australian government.
- There’re over 4,300 AusPost store and office locations across the country with 2,500+ in remote areas.
- Overall employee staff represents over 160 nationalities.
- 2/3 of the network contractors are small businesses.